The Ghanaian midfielder of Ac.Milan, Michael Essien has denied all of the rumors and news that were being spread around stating that he had the Ebola virus all of which resulted to be false with nothing actually being true.
The Daily Times Nigeria and Newswire NGR both cited an AC Milan official in the report which claimed Essien had contracted Ebola. The articles and rumors that began to spread concerning Michael Essien and that he had contracted Ebola had been shut down by the Italian club Ac.Milan and the player himself.
“I’m very fit and very healthy, no truth in the internet rumors that I have contracted Ebola. I’m well & will be training as usual tomorrow. The true victims of Ebola deserve better and our thoughts & prayers are with them and their families.”said Essien as he wrote on his twitter account and denied rumors involving him with the deadly virus which is being spread around in sectors around Africa.
After Michael Essien finished his loan deal with Real Madrid, the Italian club Ac.Milan signed him on a one and a half year contract on January 27 of the ongoing year and Ac.Milan have also stepped it up and denied any claims which involved the club in Italy with the Ebola virus and Michael Essien.
A statement from the Italian club said: “AC Milan categorically denies the alleged reports from abroad about its players.Such reports are totally without foundation and what is more were never confirmed by any employee of the club.”
The midfielder from Ghana and his lawyers are believed to be taking into consideration launching a lawsuit towards the Nigerian media outlet that began spreading those rumors which weren’t true at all. The Online Nigerian newspaper, NewsWireNGR was the first source that published those stories and from there on out it sparked a series of rumors and claims that the player had contracted the deadly virus even though none of that was actually true.